[vtkusers] Isosurfaces

Alessandro Artusi artusialessandro4 at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 22 09:32:50 EDT 2009

Dear All,

I have to compute isourfaces on a volume data. I did it using a rectilinear
grid without a problem.
Now I would like to transform the volume data in a spherical coordinates and
compute the isosurfaces on the sphere (I put my data in the
vtkStructuredGrid), but what happens is the following:

- the faces of teh isosurfaces are also computed in between the depth
component and this is mixing everything up.

So my idea to solve this problem can follow two ways:

1) compute the isourfaces on a rectilinear grid than convert to
StructuredGrid where I convert the isosurfaces data in a spherical
coordinates
2) compute the isosurfaces on a rectilinera grid and than convert it to a
texture and map it on sphere afterwards.

I tried the first one without solution, I do not know which one is teh best
way or if tehre is another one. I am a beginner in vtk.
There is someone out there that can help me?

Thanks a lot,
Alessandro.