[vtkusers] vtk_data_root

Michael Xanadu xanadu.michael at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 20 11:22:50 EDT 2009

Dear vtk users,

currently I wanna try out the examples of vtk, which binaries you can find
in the bin directory of vtk after building vtk. Especially I'm interested in
WidgetsCxxTests.exe. Now I have problems with the vtkData you need to run
all tests of WidgetsCxxTests.exe. I downloaded vtkData from vtk.org and
unzipped it to a folder. I set the vtk_data_root option in CMake to this
this folder and rebuild vtk. But surprisingly I get a error message from
WidgetsCxxTests.exe when I start one of it's examples:

Can't find file: ../../../../VTKData/Data/headsq...
(I can't see the full string)

I tryed different paths for the directory (with & without rebuilding vtk),
but always get the same error. Can someone give me an advice?

Regards, Michael