[vtkusers] re ad a raw file (32-bit signed integers) with vtkImageReader

Orlinn MeinDatenLaufwerk at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 19 07:41:42 EDT 2009

hello jerome,

i use the data from vtkImageReader show the the MIP (maximum intensity
projection) but i see not the right result. With other raw files it works. i
have to use  SetDataScalarTypeToUnsignedShort() or
SetDataScalarTypeToUnsignedChar() because vtkVolumeRayCastMapper can only
render data of type unsigned Short or unsigned char.

i use 32-bit signed integer so i have 4 bytes and i need the last 2 bytes.
but i have no ideas how can cast these data into unsigned Short or unsigned
Char.

thank you