[vtkusers] VTK doesn't work on OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Sun Oct 18 22:15:37 EDT 2009

Hi Christopher,

I regularly use ParaView on Snow Leopard. It builds full VTK with
Python bindings. It works with both Carbon and Cocoa. Did you force a
32 bit build when building with Carbon? You need a compiler option
like -m32. Also, did you force Python to run 32 bit? Otherwise, it
expects 64 bit libraries. I forget how to do it - you have to search
for it. Alternatively, you can build with Cocoa 64 bit. I suggest
checking VTK from CVS. I committed some fixes to support Snow Leopard
not too long ago.

-berk