[vtkusers] Callback not firing?

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 08:32:16 EDT 2009

I tried to make a little demo of using a callback by gathering bits from
some of the tests.

http://www.rpi.edu/~doriad/VTK_List/Callbacks/<http://www.rpi.edu/%7Edoriad/VTK_List/Callbacks/>

The documentation says that the left mouse button of
vtkInteractorStyleRubberBand2D should trigger a SelectionChangedEvent. In
this example, I'd expect when I used the rubber band I would see the output
message "Callback!", but I don't see anything.

I tried attaching the observer to the renderer, render window, and render
window interactor. None of them seem to trigger the callback.

Can anyone see where I've gone wrong? Is there any kind of tutorial on VTK
callbacks/events anywhere? Google didn't seem to know of one.

Thanks,

David