[vtkusers] determine mesh connectivity from point data

Luke Bloy luke.bloy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 12:57:18 EDT 2009

Thanks rob, that looks promising although I haven't been able to get it
to work.

Here is a little more info.

I have a bunch of points which i know lie on a sphere. I'd like to be
able to have a polydata object that represents it. I was tring to use a
vtkGeometryFilter to extract the sphere's surface. needless to say this
didn't work.

what i have so far is this.

  vtkPolyData *output = vtkPolyData::New();

  newPoints->Squeeze();
  output->SetPoints(newPoints);
  newPoints->Delete();

  newNormals->Squeeze();
  output->GetPointData()->SetNormals(newNormals);
  newNormals->Delete();

 vtkDelaunay3D *del3D = vtkDelaunay3D::New();
  del3D -> SetInput( output );
  del3D -> BoundingTriangulationOn();

  vtkGeometryFilter *geoFilter = vtkGeometryFilter::New();
  geoFilter->SetInputConnection(del3D->GetOutputPort());
  geoFilter->SetOutput(output);
  geoFilter->Update();

anyone have any suggestions?

-Luke