[vtkusers] Possible vtkWarpScalar bug?

Frederick Isaac freddyisaac at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 9 05:59:59 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have been playing with vtkWarpScalar to create a 3d carpet plot of and was noticing strange artefacts in the top half segment of the plot (that would be y in the range [ymax/2, ymax]. Thay appear as a distortion if th e plot which affects a triangular region spanning from the center of the plot out to the exterme corners.

I decided to plot just a flat surface  z=1 and noticed upon spinning that surface that apart from the flat square at z=1 there was a single large triangle underneath the surface from the center (xmax/2, ymax/2) at z = 0 to the corners at (0,ymax) and (xmax,ymax). In 3d this looks like an envelope that has the triangular flap half open.

I have been over and over my code but I cannot see what would cause the surface to have this extra triangle that bends back under the plot.

I am happily to admit being somewhat of a vtk novice and that it is probably my mistake but has anyone else ever seen this?

Thanks in advance