[vtkusers] vtkUnstructuredGridVolumeRayCastMapper (05B22CB8): Can't use the ray cast mapper without scalars!

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Mon Oct 5 10:01:19 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 21:47 +0200, Ali Habib wrote:
> I wrote a code to make tetrahedral mesh on sphere , but it no give
> result except :
>
> ERROR: In m:\dev\cur\vtkdotnet\branch\50\VolumeRendering
> \vtkUnstructuredGridVolumeRayCastMapper.cxx, line 274
> vtkUnstructuredGridVolumeRayCastMapper (05B22CB8): Can't use the ray
> cast mapper without scalars!

You are trying to add a scalar array to the output of the vtkDelaunay3D
filter.

You cannot modify the output of a filter without disconnecting the
output from the pipeline.

I've never understood how to disconnect the output of a filter from the
filter so I always just do :

vtkUnstructuredGrid * my_grid = vtkUnstructuredGrid::New();
filter->Update();
my_grid->DeepCopy( filter->GetOutput() );