[vtkusers] Learning VTK

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 02:17:27 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 11:35 AM, David E DeMarle
<dave.demarle at kitware.com>wrote:

> Look in the Examples directory of the VTK source code for starters.
>
> David E DeMarle
> Kitware, Inc.
> R&D Engineer
> 28 Corporate Drive
> Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
> Phone: 518-371-3971 x109
>

> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 10:11 PM, Heang EANG <eheang at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>   Hello,
>>
>> I am a student at a college in Virginia, and I am trying to learn VTK, and
>> I have been reading the book "Visualization Toolkit" for a couple weeks, but
>> I still have some problems understanding some of the concepts in the book.
>> Could you suggest a way to learn this toolkit?
>>
>> On another note, I am trying to visualize the seismic data for the
>> department of Environmental Science at my college, but I am not really sure
>> of how to go about doing this? Could anyone give me some ideas on how to
>> creae a VTK data file, creating a pipeline, processing it, and so on? Just a
>> small example would be really helpful for you.
>>
>> I really appreciate your help.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Heang,

>> Powered by www.kitware.com

>> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

I'm not sure what you're trying to do exactly, but I put all the things I
would have expected to find as a beginner to VTK on the wiki here:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK#Example_Usage_.28C.2B.2B.29

Let us know if you have specific questions.

Thanks,

David Doria