[vtkusers] Source derived from vtkAlgorithm

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Nov 30 16:45:24 EST 2009

RequestDataObject (RDO) is an earlier pipeline pass.
During RDO, each filter is supposed to produce an empty data object of
the proper type

Later on RequestData (RD) happens.
During RD each filter examines any inputs it has, then fills in that
empty data object with real data.

The VTK User's guide goes into more detail. Issue 1 of the Kitware
source also describes the pipeline execution model.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
28 Corporate Drive