[vtkusers] vtkImageColorViewer and slice orientation

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 16:20:55 EST 2009

Usually I use a separate renderer for each slice.  This also means a
separate reslice, image actor, etc.

For this to work efficiently, you must force the reader to read all
the whole dicom series, like this:

reader.GetOutput().Update()

If you don't do this, then the reader will only read one slice at a
time, so if you are displaying 4x4 then it will go to the disk 16
times on every render.  By calling update on the the reader, you force
the whole series into memory.

    David