[vtkusers] vtkImageViewer's

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 09:20:12 EST 2009

Q2 & 3 are much harder. AFAIK there is always an hardcoded limit to
the number of OpenGL context you can create. So you can try on your
side, and try to create multiple vtkRenderWindow and check when this
will start failing.

Last time I played with it, it would start failing around 450 contexts:
http://wxvtk.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/wxvtk/wxVTK/Sample/wxVTKNotebook.cxx?view=log

If you ever plan to swap two imageviewer, you should look at the
SetDisplayId / SetWindowId to quickly exchange two views.

HTH

Mathieu