[vtkusers] wx/vtk weirdness

Francois Bertel francois.bertel at kitware.com
Fri Nov 27 12:04:09 EST 2009

Something like that:

// save the current locale
 prev_locale = setlocale(LC_NUMERIC, NULL);
 prev_locale = dupstring(setlocale(LC_NUMERIC, NULL));
setlocale(LC_NUMERIC, "POSIX");

<reader code here>

// Restore locale
setlocale(LC_NUMERIC, prev_locale);
if(prev_locale)
{
 setlocale(LC_NUMERIC, prev_locale);
}

ref: http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2003/msg00210.html

I don't think bug 5891 is relevant as it elimitates the use of
interpretation of text into numerical values.
Patch in bug 1431 was using the selocale() function (as above).

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Mathieu Malaterre
<mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 5:57 PM, Marcus D. Hanwell
> <marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:
>> The C functions as I remember set the locale globally which can also cause
>> unexpected bugs if a library changes this internally.
>
> Ah ! That answer my question :)
>
> Thx
> --
> Mathieu

1 (518) 371 3971 x113 | 28 Corporate Drive