[vtkusers] Vtk and screen resolution

Lidia Furno iwill at hotmail.it
Thu Nov 26 06:15:49 EST 2009

Hi to all!

I have a question about vtk and screen resolution ... I hope someone can help me because my solutions for this kind of problem are very poor:/
Ehm...I am new at vtk so be patient with me ! Thanks :P ( And sorry for my english ! )

I am writing some code for a virtual reality environment... I visualize my 3d pic at full screen and with :

_size = Manager->viewer3d->getRenderWindow()->GetSize() ;

I get the size of the window ... BUT since my screen resolution is 1280x800 I was expecting size[0] = 1280 and size[1]=800 ... but things don't work out... instead of these values I have size[0]=1288 and size[1]=834 ...as a consequence, my cursor goes beyond my window's borders and disappears on the left side ( east ) and it stops some pixels before the border at the top of the window ( nord ) and disappears downwars ( south ).

I am searching for a general solution ...it should work for all kind of screen resolutions.

I hope someone will show me the right way to face the problem.

Thank you!

Lydia