[vtkusers] Vtk and screen resolution

Lidia Furno watashinoyumeda at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 10:21:54 EST 2009

Hi to all!

I have a question about vtk and screen resolution ... I hope someone can
help me because my solutions for this kind of problem are very poor:/
Ehm...I am new at vtk so be patient with me ! Thanks :P ( And sorry for my
english ! )

I am writing some code for a virtual reality environment... I visualize my
3d pic at full screen and with :

_size = Manager->viewer3d->getRenderWindow()->GetSize() ;

I get the size of the window ... BUT since my screen resolution is 1280x800
I was expecting size[0] = 1280 and size[1]=800 ... but things don't work
out... instead of these values I have size[0]=1288 and size[1]=834 ...as a
consequence, my cursor goes beyond my window's borders and disappears on the
left side ( est ) and it stops some pixels before the border at the top of
the window ( nord ) and disappears downwars ( south ).
I am searching for a general solution ...it should work for all kind of
screen resolutions.

I hope someone will show me the right way to face the problem.

Thank you!

Lydia