[vtkusers] Generic vtkMatrix

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 22:05:20 EST 2009

I really think it would be nice to have something in VTK to allow users to
do simple matrix/vector multiplication/addition/transpose/etc without much
effort and fighting ** type variables.  It will also greatly improve the
interface to many of the vtkMath functions.

I have started working on vtkMatrix here:
http://www.rpi.edu/~doriad/VTK_List/vtkMatrix/

Take a look at Example.cxx to see the syntax. Can I get some initial
comments? Is it something that users actually want/actually has a chance of
making it to VTK? Is this the right structure/way to go about writing such a
thing? Is there any way we could include some things from VNL in VTK as ITK
does to avoid reinventing the wheel?

Thanks,

David