[vtkusers] vtkStructuredPointsWriter for several SCALAR fields

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 19:49:35 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to put several data fields (read: SCALARS) into one VTK file,
using vtkStructuredPointsWriter.
No success so far, I effective get only one field in the file.

What I try to to is to instantiate the writer, and then feed it with

    writer->SetInput(k,spData);

http://www.vtk.org/doc/release/5.4/html/a01891.html#051ea893b384d7076e06383ac7a9320e

while having the index 'k' increase of course.

-- Would that be the correct thing to do?

What I don't see right now either is how to set the SCALARS name

    writer->SetScalarsName("myscalarsname");

for the different scalars. No indexed call for this function seems to be
available..

Cheers,
Nico