[vtkusers] Dashboard question

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Mon Nov 23 09:44:31 EST 2009

On 11/20/2009 03:17 PM, David Doria wrote:
> My VTK dashboard has many tests failing:
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=475828
>
> A while back I was told that it was a problem with my X server. I made
> my cron job set the DISPLAY variable, like so:

My builds and at some others are run with an offscreen X server such as
Xvfb or vncserver.

As I understand it this will not work with hardware acceleration. Since
I'm mostly interested in working offscreen anyway this is fine for me.
My VTK and ParaView builds are linked against a build of Mesa from the
git repository.

my crontab looks like :

  $ crontab -l
  00 00 * * * /home/kevin/update_kitware.sh

update_kitware.sh ( heavily edited ) looks like :

  #!/bin/bash
  CTEST=/home/kevin/kitware/CMake_Build/bin/ctest
  vncserver :99 -geometry 1280x1024 -depth 24  > vncserver.txt 	2>&1 &
  export DISPLAY=:99

  # Update Mesa
  # Update CMake
  # Update VTKData