[vtkusers] vtkMath::LUFactorLinearSystem

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 08:14:42 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 7:47 AM, Adriano Gagliardi <agagliardi at ara.co.uk> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I'd like to use vtk's implementation of LU factorisation, but I am not sure
> how to prepare the type of argument it requires. The function header is:
>
> int vtkMath::LUFactorLinearSystem( double **A, int *index, int size, double
> *tmpSize );
>
> The issue is the first argument, double **A, which I believe is a list of
> pointers to pointers to doubles? Is this correct? Can someone provide an
> example of how to construct this so that it could be used as input into the
> function, please?
>
> Regards,
>
> Adriano
>

> ===================================
>
> Adriano Gagliardi MEng PhD

The interfaces to vtkMath functions are quite "old school. Here is an
example and a nice helper function to create a matrix in a civilized
way:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/Quadric_Surface_Fitting

The create_matrix function is what I'm referring to.

Please vote to include a function like this in VTK and revamp the
vtkMatrix function interfaces:
http://vtk.uservoice.com/pages/31508-general/suggestions/369820-create-a-matrix-class-and-use-it-for-vtkmath-function-interfaces?ref=title

Thanks,

David