[vtkusers] What does pressing key 'm' while volume rendering do?

Michael Kloster vtkusers at michael-kloster.de
Fri Nov 20 11:30:34 EST 2009

Hello everybody.

Just by chance I noticed that pressing the key 'm' does improve the
volume rendering of objects with very fine details.

The same effect happens when rotating the volume with the mouse: as long
as it is moving I can see more details (just like after pressing 'm'),
but when i release the mouse button the volume seems to become more
opaque (or details are missing).

This happens with vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper as well as with
vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D.

Does anybody know what this behaviour is and how to achieve it via TCL
commands?

Another interesting things happens when hitting the 'a' key: VTK just
crashes...

I use the standard interactor.

Have a nice day,
Michael