[vtkusers] OpenMPI Update Nov 16

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Fri Nov 20 11:22:14 EST 2009

On 11/20/2009 10:41 AM, Dave Partyka wrote:
> I think running a dashboard from a crontab will not have the same
> environment and won't load your bashrc files. You need to add those switch
> commands to the script that runs your dashboard.

That's exactly what I did.

I may have tried to cram too many ideas into this sentence.

> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Kevin H. Hobbs <hobbsk at ohiou.edu> wrote:
>> However, even though I've added the module load command to my
>> .bash_profile, .bashrc, and to the top of my script that runs the
>> nightly builds of VTK and ParaView, CMake is unable to find MPI for
>> these nightly builds.

My crontab looks like :

$ crontab -l
00 00 * * * /home/kevin/update_kitware.sh
00 22 * * * /home/kevin/backup_db.sh

The script that runs the dashboards looks like :

	$ head -n3 update_kitware.sh
	#!/bin/bash

	module load openmpi-x86_64

and it runs all of the dashboards :

	$ grep CTEST update_kitware.sh
	CTEST=/home/kevin/kitware/CMake_Build/bin/ctest
	time $CTEST  -S vtk.cmake
	time $CTEST  -S paraview.cmake
	time $CTEST  -S itk.cmake

I wonder if module itself doesn't like being run from cron...