[vtkusers] OpenMPI Update Nov 16

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Fri Nov 20 10:32:50 EST 2009

Since my machines updated from OpenMPI 1.3.1 to 1.3.3 as part of
Fedora-11's regular update CMake has been unable to find MPI.

mpirun and mpicc are nolonger in my path, the linker no longer finds
libmpi.so and so on.

If I run :

module load openmpi-x86_64

then the MPI programs are added to my path, and the libraries are added
to the linker's search path.

I can then build one of my projects with CMake and CMake correctly finds
MPI.

However, even though I've added the module load command to my
.bash_profile, .bashrc, and to the top of my script that runs the
nightly builds of VTK and ParaView, CMake is unable to find MPI for
these nightly builds.

Does anybody know what's going on?