[vtkusers] May I ask u something?

hajung lee white2332 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 09:01:53 EST 2009

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 26
> Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 09:03:29 -0500
> From: David Doria <daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com <daviddoria%2Bvtk at gmail.com>>
> Subject: Re: [vtkusers] May I ask u something
> Cc: vtkusers at vtk.org
>
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 7:19 AM, hajung lee <white2332 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I use VTK on linux
> > I have a problem with Example Medical3.cxx
> > I tried to see the result, but there is an error
> > they said
> > ?[hjlee at emedi bin]$ ./Medical3 DATADIR/headsq/quarter
> > ERROR: In /home/hjlee/VTK/VTK/IO/vtkVolume16Reader.cxx, line 355
> > vtkVolume16Reader (0x918f0f8): Can't find file:
> d/DATADIR/headsq/quarter.1
> > some people said we have to modify V16 as
> > v16->SetFilePrefix (argv[1]); (in the original file)
> >>??? v16->SetFilePrefix ("d/ DATADIR/headsq/quarter");(MODIFICATION done)
> > like this. but they are for VTK users who are on windows
> > so I need help because there is no enough information for Linux users
> > I'll look forward your letter
> > thank u
>
> Did you get the data directory?
>
> For testing purposes you might wish to checkout the CVS VTKData:
>
> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/VTKData login
> (respond with password vtk)
>
> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/VTKData checkout
> VTKData
>
> I compiled Medical3 and ran it with
> ./Medical3 ~/src/VTKData/Data/headsq/quarter
>
> and it worked fine.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David
>

> ------------------------------
> hi I checked what u said. then they said like this

[hjlee at emedi ~]$ cvs -d
:pserver:anon_ at public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/VTKDATA/VTKDATA
login
Logging in to :pserver:anon_ at public.kitware.com:2401/cvsroot/VTKDATA/VTKDATA
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: unrecognized auth response from public.kitware.com: cvs
[pserver aborted]: /cvsroot/VTKDATA/VTKDATA: no such repository
[hjlee at emedi ~]$ cvs -d
:pserver:anon_ at public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/VTKDATA/VTKDATA
checkout VTKDATA
cvs [checkout aborted]: unrecognized auth response from public.kitware.com:
cvs [pserver aborted]: /cvsroot/VTKDATA/VTKDATA: no such repository
I think there is no data directory then how can I solve this problem?
thank u