[vtkusers] "State of the documentation address"

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Nov 18 10:50:06 EST 2009

People certainly care as documentation really is important.

However even changes to documentation take developer time. The time is
not just the time it takes to edit a file and commit a new version,
but also the time to make sure the new comment is more correct than
the original and the time that it takes to make sure that some errant
typo doesn't break a dashboard. Changes to the doxygen rules
themselves take additional time.

Developer time either has to be paid for somebody (and that somebody
is likely paying for something other than existing code quality
improvements), or it has to come out of a developer's free time.

That is why no one volunteered.

cheers,

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.