[vtkusers] memory problems with vtk+java

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Wed Nov 18 09:00:28 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 5:29 AM, PerezLona <vtkitk at gmx.de> wrote:

> hi,
>
> in my application in eclipse i read about 300 DICOM files. At first when i
> start to read, it takes about 15 sec. When i close my application and start
> it again, it takes only about 3 sec to read the files again.
> I use at the end the  Delete() methode of all my objects.
> Is that normal? or i have to use other methode to free the memory??

This may not be a memory leak. The files may be cached by the system
since they were recently used, so the second access is much faster.

You normally do not need to call Delete() on your VTK Java objects, in
fact this could be a dangerous practice. vtkGlobalJavaHash.DeleteAll()
can be used on exit, which will delete all your VTK objects, or at
least attempt to.

Jeff