[vtkusers] Texture map a polygon

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 13:17:31 EST 2009

You need to define texture coordinates for each point in the polydata.
Texture coordinates are part of a polydata's pointdata. Then you need
to assign a texture the actor that contains the polygon.

Texture coordinate (0,0) corresponds to pixel (0,0) and coordinate
(1,1) corresponds to the last pixel in the texture.

 I think the vtk textbook explains all of this. Actually, any computer
graphics book will do the same. Generating texture coordinates for
arbitrary shapes is still a research problem.

Bill