[vtkusers] VTK/Java crashes -- WeakGlobalRef or garbage collection problem...solution?

Baliki baliki balikivtk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 04:56:35 EST 2009

I use a vtkVRMLImporter to read a vrml file. All variables (vtkVRMLImporter,
vtkActor, etc) i use are in function scope.
I "solved" the problem using the vtkVRMLImporter as a global variable.

The weird thing is that when i tried a similar thing using vtkSTLReader to
read an stl file, the crash did not occur!
(all variables in function scope).

If you have any possible explanation, please let me know.

Thanks,
Baliki