[vtkusers] Filter with input: vtkPolyData, output: vtkGraph

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 16:14:53 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 4:08 PM, Jérôme <jerome.velut at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> By using blibli->SetInputConnection( blabla->GetOutputPort( )) instead of
> old fashioned-methods, the error regarding missing connections disappears.
> However, errors remain : "vtkGraphAlgorithm returned failure for request". I
> didn't look at it.
>
> BTW, I didn't understand the FillInputPortInformation implementation in
> your code. Why do you test the Superclass method before filling your
> information?
>
> Jerome

Jerome,

I changed SetInput(...GetOutput()) to SetInputConnection(...GetOutputPort())
but I still get a bunch of these errors:

vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline (0x8eede78): Algorithm
vtkGraphAlgorithm(0x8eebee8) returned failure for request: vtkInformation
(0x8ee9ef0)

The FillInputPortInformation I had just taken from another filter - I don't
know what that part was doing either. I removed it. The updated files are
here:
http://www.rpi.edu/~doriad/VTK_List/vtkNearestNeighborGraph/

Thanks,

David