[vtkusers] Get size of vtkDenseArray

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 11:49:14 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 10:50 AM, David Doria
<daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com<daviddoria%2Bvtk at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> I want to get the size of a dimension of a vtkDenseArray. From the
> documentation it looks like it should be like this:
>
>   vtkSmartPointer<vtkDenseArray<double> > array =
> vtkSmartPointer<vtkDenseArray<double> >::New();
>   array->Resize(5,6);
>
>   //why doesn't this work? error: 'class vtkDenseArray<double>' has no
> member named 'GetExtent'
>   vtkstd::cout << array->GetExtent(0) << vtkstd::endl;
>
> Where GetExtent(0) should return 5 and GetExtent(1) should return 6.
> However, I just get this "no member" error as if the function doesn't even
> exist. Anyone know why this might be?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

I just needed to update my VTK install.  Is there a way to have Doxygen put
a "last edited" date on the documentation so we can know if there is a
chance something has been changed since we compiled VTK?

Thanks,

David