[vtkusers] Constrained Delaunay triangulation

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 15:34:24 EST 2009

The documentation says you can specify a second polydata to act as a
constraint boundary. I tried to do this here:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Constrained_Delaunay_Triangulation_%282D%29

However, it doesn't seem to do anything different than the unconstrained
version.

http://www.rpi.edu/~doriad/VTK_List/ConstrainedDelaunay/unconstrained.pngshows
the result of the normal triangulation (actually - while we are here,
why is there a missing triangle/chunk missing out of the bottom right
corner?)

The constrained version looks identical (using both a CW and CCW loop).

Here (an excerpt from the above link) is how I setup the filter:

  vtkSmartPointer<vtkDelaunay2D> delaunay =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkDelaunay2D>::New();
  delaunay->SetInput ( Polydata );
  delaunay->SetSource (Boundary);
  delaunay->Update();