[vtkusers] vtk and lot of dicom series

Lic. José M. Rodriguez Bacallao jmrbcu at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 16:22:53 EST 2009

hi folks, I am using vtk to display dicom image series. I am using
python and pyqt4 in linux. I have noticed that when I load for at
least 5 series of 200 MR images each one, my application get VERY
slow. I am using vtkGDCMImageReader and load every serie within a
vtkImageData for example this way:

reader = vtkgdcm.vtkGDCMImageReader()
reader.SetFileNames(to_vtk_string_array(serie1))
reader.Update()

I repeat this step in a thread for every serie and when it is loaded I
send a signal for display it with vtkImageViewer2 (could be an
vtkImageColorViewer from gdcm too)

why is that, which is the recommended way to load and display a lot of
dicom image series?

--
Lic. José M. Rodriguez Bacallao
Centro de Biofisica Medica

Recuerda: El arca de Noe fue construida por aficionados, el titanic
por profesionales