[vtkusers] OBBTree animation

Francois Bertel francois.bertel at kitware.com
Wed Nov 11 20:35:19 EST 2009

Hello,

1. Yes, it is possible to include images within doxygen:

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkSobelGradientMagnitudePass.html
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkGlobeSource.html

For example, vtkSobelGradientMagnitudePass.h has the following lines
in the description of the class:

// \image html vtkSobelGradientMagnitudePassFigure.png
// \image latex vtkSobelGradientMagnitudePassFigure.eps

2. Read the hyperoctree description again:

"An hyperoctree is a dataset where each node has either exactly 2^n
children **** or no child at all  **** if the node is a leaf."

Actually, it is missing that "n" is the dimension of the hyperoctree
(n=1,2 or 3) so it is a binary tree (n=1)  a quadtree (n=2) or an
octree (n=3)

Also, in the doc: "Warning:  It is not a spatial search object! If you
looking for this kind of octree see vtkCellLocator instead."

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkHyperOctree.html

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 8:10 PM, David Doria <daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com> wrote:
> I made a animation of the levels of an OBBTree on the Stanford bunny.
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Image:Octree.gif
>
> Just thought I'd share it.
>
> Is there any way things like this (or at least still images) can be
> included in the doxygen generated documentation? It would be super
> helpful to see exactly what you are getting yourself into.
>
> On another note - does VTK not have an octree?? I was looking through
> the spatial data structures and I saw the OBBTree, the KDTree, and the
> ModifiedBSPTree. I saw a vtkHyperOctree, but it sounds a little
> strange (each node MUST have all of its children? doesn't that defeat
> the point?)
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

1 (518) 371 3971 x113 | 28 Corporate Drive