[vtkusers] OBBTree animation

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 20:10:23 EST 2009

I made a animation of the levels of an OBBTree on the Stanford bunny.
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Image:Octree.gif

Just thought I'd share it.

Is there any way things like this (or at least still images) can be
included in the doxygen generated documentation? It would be super
helpful to see exactly what you are getting yourself into.

On another note - does VTK not have an octree?? I was looking through
the spatial data structures and I saw the OBBTree, the KDTree, and the
ModifiedBSPTree. I saw a vtkHyperOctree, but it sounds a little
strange (each node MUST have all of its children? doesn't that defeat
the point?)

Thanks,

David