[vtkusers] Deleting unknown object: vtkObject - vector of pointers?

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 16:59:53 EST 2009

David,

I do get the deleting unknown object message. It only appeared after
turning debug leaks on. I didn't notice it the first time. I think you
are OK.

Yes, I get the debug leaks, but I think they are bogus. Not sure why.
I ran valgrind with no leaks. Perhaps the std::vector is being deleted
after vtk does its debug leaks detection. but, from the debug output
you can see that the LidarPoint and Ray are being deleted.

I'll look into this problem with debug leaks.

You should proceed with the assumption that everything you are doing is correct.

Bill