[vtkusers] how to include binary data files in VTK format

Sedat newvtkuser at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 9 15:36:21 EST 2009

Hello there,

We have a .fld file that includes coordinate files (for x,y,z we have 3 seperate binary files) and we also have the data file. We are trying to transform that into a VTK format but we are not sure how to include binary files in a VTK file format.

The data set we have, is structured (nonuniform) grid. And we would like to know if someone can provide us an example (or a weblink) of how to include these 4 binary files in VTK file format.

Thank you.
Best..