[vtkusers] How to install VTK in Borland Developer Studio 2006?

BosseB bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Nov 5 18:35:43 EST 2009

I am forced to recreate the development environment for a software
product developed by a person who has left the company.
We need to make sure we can create the application from the sources
kept in our CVS repository.
Unfortunately the developer only kept his own sourcecode in CVS but
not the OpenSource libraries he used. :-(

We have now sorted most of the problems but I have one remaining
hurdle and this is to integrate the graphics library he used into
Borland BDS2006.

So far I have checked out VTK and VTKData files from the cvs server at
kitware.com on the release tag VTK-5-4-2.

I have also studied the various documents available where I have found
that I need to use CMake to prepare the VTK for compilation.
So I have downloaded and installed CMake 2.6

But here I am at road's end.....
I don't understand the many steps needed to complete the task. :-(

So can someone please tell me if there is a step-by-step instruction
somewhere that describes how to integrate VTK into BDS2006?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden