[vtkusers] Question about surface normal

Luca Pamparana luca.pamparana at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 10:05:21 EST 2009

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. So, if I have got it correct:

- I can take vectors AC and BD and using the cross product find the
current normal vector.
- The normal vector I want would be described as user_specified_point
- (any of my polygon points). Is this correct?
- Then I could use your transformation function to transform the 4 points...

If I was to use a vtkPlane object, would this be easier? In the
example that you send me, the function specifies the center of the
plane and the surface normal. Would the plane center be invariant
under this transformation? I would have thought that if I was to
specify a normal explicitly, the points would have to be
recalculated....

Sorry for the constant mailing. I hope this would be the final question!

Thanks,

Luca