[vtkusers] Question about surface normal

Luca Pamparana luca.pamparana at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 09:40:37 EST 2009

Hello David,

Thanks for your reply and the tip about using the smart pointers!

I was actually not sure how to generate the normal vector that would
point to a user specified point. So, my plane has 1 cell and 4 points.
I have one user specified point say (0, 0, 0). What would be a valid
unit normal vector that will be normal to the whole plane? I know that
the dot product of two normal vectors is 0 but I am struggling to
figure out how to use this in this case.

Sorry this is a real noob question but would be really obliged for any
help here...

Thanks,

Luca