[vtkusers] Read *.ics image header (Python)

Alexander Richter Alexander.Richter at student.fh-kiel.de
Wed Nov 4 08:55:14 EST 2009

Hi there,

I am opening *.mhd and *.dcm (DICOM) files with vtkMetaImageReader and
vtkDICOMImageReader. Everything is working fine.  Now I am trying to open an
*.ics file which is very similar to the *.mhd file. Both header files are
filled with some meta information about the stored image data. The *.mhd
header data looks like this:

Param=Value (separated by =).

But the *.ics file looks a bit different:

Param   Value (separated by a tab).

As I read and hopefully understood it's not possible to use
vtkMetaImageReader here because of the given format. Is there a possibility
to interprete the *.ics header file with a vtk-class ? And if not: Has
anyone some ideas how to solve this problem ?

Thankful for every answer

Alex