[vtkusers] vtkXMLStructuredGridWriter example

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 07:33:22 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 3:52 AM, Абакумов Андрей <scratchboom at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, David!
> But the question is more about how to fill my 3D StructuredGrid with density
> values.
> So I have a 3D array of density (double*** density), with dimensions
> Nx*Ny*Nz, and the size of the box Sx*Sy*Sz. How to fill my StructuredGrid
> with this values.
> Thanks!

I have started an example here - lets modify it until we get it to do
what you need:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Structured_Grid

I guess I'm not sure what the difference between the StructuredGrid
and an ImageData is? Can someone explain this? Can someone also check
that out so see if it makes sense to load the points into the grid as
I tried to do in the commented section? It doesn't seem that useful to
just load the points linearly into a big grid - I feel like the
indices would get lost in a big hurry.

Thanks,

David