[vtkusers] How to send an event from a different thread?

Moinier, Pierre (UK) Pierre.Moinier at baesystems.com
Wed Nov 4 04:26:30 EST 2009

All,

I have a piece of code that compute some solution. It also launches a
separate thread which is responsible for the visualisation.
I can visualise the solution and get it to update via a key from the
keyboard. For that I use a callback and AddObserver.

What I would like to do is to sent an event from the compute thread when
a solution is ready to the visualisation thread, so that the update
occurs automatically. I spent quite a bit of time looking at the
documentation but I can't figure out how to do that. So, how can I sent
an event from a different thread and how canthis one be picked up?

Can anyone help me?

    Regards,

        -Pierre.