[vtkusers] vtkOBBTree questions

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 21:18:00 EST 2009

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 7:27 AM, David Doria <daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 11:03 AM, David Doria <daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1) In this function:
>>
>> ComputeOBB(vtkPoints *pts, double corner[3], double max[3], double
>> mid[3], double min[3], double size[3])
>> "Compute an OBB from the list of points given. Return the corner point
>> and the three axes defining the orientation of the OBB. Also return a
>> sorted list of relative "sizes" of axes for comparison purposes."
>>
>> I don't understand what min, mid, max, size are. It says it returns
>> the corner and the three axes of the box, but I don't see how that is
>> encoded in these variables. You'd also need to know the length of each
>> of the sides of the box - maybe that has something to do with size[]?
>>
>> 2) How would one iterate over every leaf at a particular level of the
>> tree? For example, say I want to get a list of triangles that are in
>> each leaf at level 4 of the tree. How would I do that?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> David
>
> Any thoughts on this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

This seems like a major thing one would want to do with an octree...
surely someone knows how to do this!?

How do you iterate over every node at a particular level of the tree?
In particular - how do you iterate over the leaves of the tree,
obtaining information about which triangles/points are in each leaf
along the way?

Thanks,

David