[vtkusers] vtkMFCWindow and toolbar

Robert Golebiowski robgolebiowski at googlemail.com
Tue May 26 11:22:56 EDT 2009

Hi All,
I’m writing an MFC application, which makes use of VTK and ITK. I managed to
compile vtkMDI project from VTKExamples. I tried to add a toolbar to
vtkMFCWindow and I run into some problems. In MFC toolbar should be added to
a window when OnCreate event occurs. Because vtkMFCWindow creates itself
(calls Create function) inside its constructor I couldn’t add OnCreate
method in my class which derives from vtkMFCWindows. I had to change
vtkMFCWindow class a bit. Now I can create a toolbar in OnCreate method (in
my class), but I still don’t see any toolbar in my window. I wonder if there
is an easier way of adding toolbars to vtkMfcWindow.

I will be very grateful for any help,
Rob