[vtkusers] Want vtk dataset from my DICOM data

Chris N alucard006 at msn.com
Thu May 21 05:31:49 EDT 2009

Thanks for the help, I feel I am getting close to my answer but not quite there yet.  Sorry about not "replying to all" but will do that from now.  Just a quick recap trying to remove two plates & internal canal of ears & throat from human head.

Using vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter did give me some results now which is great.  When I used connectivity filter I had the exact same contour.  Now tried to use your suggestions with the color region but nothing ever came up for me.  Also I was still seeing GetNumberOfExtractedRegions()  print out a '0'.  Looking through my functions I found Update() and when I use this I now get from GetNumberOfExtractedRegions() 349.  By that point I tried SetExtractionModeToLargestRegion() and removed one of the plates not touching the data head.  Inside the head removed everything that was not connected which is good.  I attempted the color regions as you told me but since got no results for coloring regions.  So now I need to come up with a solution to remove the other plate though it is touching data I need.  Of course, I need think of a way to remove the canals from ears & throat also.  Any suggestions, is vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter still capable for something like that?

Since I'm using vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter::Update() & saw vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter::Modifed(), do you know what exactly do these functions do?

-Chris
 CC: vtkusers at vtk.org