[vtkusers] Can a vtkActor be added to more than one renderer

Kall, Bruce A. kall at mayo.edu
Wed May 20 16:17:08 EDT 2009

I seem to be able to add some type of actors to multiple renderers
(lines, image
volumes etc), but not all.

In particular, if I create axial, sagittal and coronal actors like in
Medical3.cxx and
add them all to the same rendered they work fine.  If I add each one to
a different
renderer, they all work fine.  But if I attach any one of them more than
once,
the displayed 'plane' shows up as all white on any renderers after the first
one using it is rendered (e.g, if I attach the three image actors in 2
or more renderers,
they all display fine on the first renderer, but show up as an all-white
plane on
any other renderers).  Is there a way to use an image-type actor like
these on more
than one renderer at a time?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,