[vtkusers] OffScreen and blank window

ABE Hiroshi habe36 at gmail.com
Wed May 20 05:03:25 EDT 2009

Dear All,

I am working with an application with several VTK windows.

Only single VTK window is visible and the others are hidden. But it
is necessary to render the hidden windows because the rendered images
of the hidden windows are needed to be stored as images.

So I put the "OffScreenRenderingOn" to the hidden "vtkRenderWindow"s.

Actually the images are properly generated as expected.
My problem is that unexpected blank windows are pop-up-ed. I believe
the blank window is popup-ed when the hidden renderwindow is "Render"ed.

Is there any way not to generate the blank window?

My Env. is:

PowerMac MDD 867MHz,
MacOS X 10.4.11
ATI Radeon 9600 256MB