[vtkusers] Want vtk dataset from my DICOM data

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Tue May 19 12:37:58 EDT 2009

Hey Chris,

The output from the vtkDICOMImageReader is an instance of
vtkImageData, so as the pipeline continues that is what is processed.
In python, you can get this data by calling reader.GetOutput() or
reader.GetOutputDataObject(0), and similar in C++.

If you really want to save that data in another file, one option would
be to use the vtkXMLImageDataWriter to write to a .vti file.
Otherwise, just use the reader and feed its output port into the input
port of the Contour filter as you've seen recently.

If this isn't clear, just let us know more specifically what problems
you're having.
-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group