[vtkusers] vtkRenderWindowInteractor crashes in Ubuntu 9.0.4 in VMware

Madhusudhanan Balasubramanian madhu_lsu at yahoo.com
Tue May 19 09:00:47 EDT 2009

Hi,
I have a small piece of code that uses vtkRenderWindow and vtkRenderWindowInteractor to render a volume.  This code works fine in a host machine, but crashes (vtkRenderWindowInteractor) in a virtual machine.
I am trying to compile and run this in Ubuntu 9.0.4 installed in a virtual machine (using VMware).  As soon as I start the renderWindowInteractor, the program crashes.
The virual machine has 3 GB RAM, its dual xeon processor machine with NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX video card.  I have mesa and opengl libraries installed in Ubuntu.
Please let me know if I need any special graphics library or drivers for using VTK in a virtual machine.
Thanks so much,Madhu.