[vtkusers] Merging vtkPolydatas

Thiago Franco de Moraes tfmoraes at cti.gov.br
Thu May 14 14:13:48 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I've created a vtkImageData based on a sequence of CT DICOM files. Then
with vtkImageClip I've split it into several small vtkImageDatas. Then,
each vtkImageData is processed "individually" using the following
pipeline:

vtkContourFilter -> vtkQuadricDecimation -> vtkTriangleFilter ->
vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter -> vtkPolyDataNormals -> vtkStripper

Afterwards, I have merged the resulting vtkPolyDatas using
vtkAppendPolyData. However, the "intersections" (junctions) of these
polydatas is very "uggly" (it is possible to see lines between them). Is
there a way to merge these polydatas without these resulting marks?

Best regards
--
Thiago Franco de Moraes <tfmoraes at cti.gov.br>