[vtkusers] Problem with image displayed Pixels

Shady Shidfar shady_shidfar at yahoo.com
Wed May 13 07:22:01 EDT 2009

Hi everyone, I'm having a problem with converting ITK image into VTK and because I'm not sure if the problem is related to ITK or VTK I'm sending this mail to both forums hoping someone can help.
I'm converting my ITK image to a VTK object using itkImageToVTKImageFilter. The  image has the origin of 0,0 and spacing 1,1. The problem is that it seems that the edge pixels of the image I view in VTK have spacing of 0.5,1 or 1,0.5 , So they look like a half pixel. This to me looks like a bug. I'm not sure if the problem is with pixel dimentions in VTK or ITK or it has to do with the itkImageToVTKImageFilter. I'm attaching the image file and a picture of what I view in VTK and the same image viewed in ImageJ. It seems like the image has been slightly cropped. It can be seen that data is obviously being lost at the edges. Can someone please help me with this? Any idea what the problem is and how can I fix it.

Thanks in advance
Shaadi